Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tulip Festival


Danny, Mishka, and I tiptoeing through the tulips (actually, there were tulip bouncers to keep you out of the tulip rows...so we just hunkered down for a quick pic).


So I started this blog after the Tulip Festival, but this experience is to gorgeous to skip!

In April, our sweet friends Jessica and Stephen (our amazing friends from Houston who moved to Vancouver just one month before we moved to Seattle...Praise Jesus for His kindness!) came to visit. Now secretly, Jessica and I had discussed the possibility of driving an hour to the Tulip Festival. The boys, we felt, would not be thrilled with the prospect, but with a Settlers of Caton marathon as part of the deal, we felt we had a good shot! :) Danny and Stephen graciously agreed...and off we went. I must say there were many a round of "tiptoe through the tulips" from our teasing guys.

But oh, when we got there. Y'all, I have never seen color like that. It almost looked fake! And you could see the color in stripes from miles away...it was as if the ground had been painted. Unbelievably beautiful! I think I am justified in revealing that even the guys were impressed. We kept on turning to one another and saying "We live here!" The mountains made a majestic backdrop and we did manage to get several great shots...a few of which I will now share with you. Enjoy! :)



Our friends, Jessica and Stephen, and their Sadie dog




The painted earth




A little bit of Holland?

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Amy, the colors are truly amazing. I so wish I could be there; I fear, however, that the Tulip Bouncer would be after me frequently!!

Hey, how is it that you are still wearing coats. Isn't it June and 90+ degrees in Texas? ;)

Shannon said...

P.S. Did you know you could put your Austen profile on your blog. I put mine up (for now); totally fun!! :)

Miss Mommy said...

Totally gorgeous! Are ya'll talking about the Austen profile I sent Shannon?

The Knorr's said...

The colors are amazing! And although, it is June, these pics were taken in April. However (I am practicing my little E words), I am wearing my coat today as it is a bit chilly...low 60's, I'd say! :)

(And I am totally going to put my Austen profile up...thanks for passing that on Emily!)