Saturday, June 16, 2007

Pacific Coast




One of the cool things about being here in Washington is that everything is so close. It takes 15 hours to get across TX, but here in Washington, everything is just a skip and a jump away (assuming the passes are passable...but more on that another time)! So, with that in mind, Danny decided to whisk me away for a quick overnight camping trip on the Pacific Coast.



Two and a half hours from our door, we were looking at the massive Pacific waves, digging our toes in the sand, picking up perfect sand dollars the size of my palm and enjoying the smell of the salty air.

We strolled along miles of empty beach while Mishka chased the sea gulls and tugged at the sea weed. We toasted bread and cheese over our awesome fire, watched the sun go down amidst smoky clouds, and slept with the sound of the rain gently pattering on the outside of our car (yes, we took a shortcut as we were going to be there less than 24 hours) and the ocean softly roaring in the background. It was glorious!

An added bonus was turning on the radio on the way home to hear try to catch a sermon and hearing, instead, a country music station out of Beaumont, TX! :) So funny...and Danny persevered masterfully as I got my country fix!



Oh, yes, and we stopped by Olympia on the way home. Just in case you've ever wondered about the capital of Washington...the Capitol Building was very handsome and well kept (how's that for a Jane Austen type statement)!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful! I think the most wonderful pic is the view of a roaring fire on the beach. Absolutely stunning and inspiring. And just because I'm jealous doesn't mean I can't be happy for you at the same time. :)

Anonymous said...

I must confess a twinge of jealousy myself...just reading your account makes me smell and taste the salty air and water and hear the waves. Beware of Mishka and horseshoe crabs though...our dog (Duke Frost) once ate a whole one and the ride home from the beach that day was not terribly pleasant.

The Knorr's said...

Yech! No horseshoe crabs for Mishka! And if y'all are jealous, why, just hop a plane and come on up! We'll take you right on over to the coast! :)

Miss Mommy said...

Oh, Amy, choices, choices, choices, indeed! Josh still uses that line after hearing the 3 of us banter about it- great context there!

I am jealous, too, tho not as much of the trip, but of you being Lizzie! I mean, we all want to be her!!

The Knorr's said...

Heehee...glad we could provide Josh with a line! Has it made it into a sermon or paper yet? :)

And Lizzie...I have always wanted to be her but thought I had a little too much Marianne in me. Nice surprise...and as we all know, the quiz cannot lie! :) Emma is a good one...a bit meddlesome (I have never seen you that way), but good intentions and a sweet temperament! Not one to be too sad about, I'd say! She is, actually, one of my favs. :)

Arica said...

that is some amazing country you guys are getting to live in. WoW! i love your pictures.
-chris