Well, since Danny is gone this weekend (back to Houston for a data collecting trip) and I am not so sleepy, it seemed appropriate to download all my pictures from this spring (after I unearthed my new camera cable). Now that I am looking at them, I find that I have at least four posts from trips and such. So why not start now?
In March, Danny and I were blessed by some precious friends with a weekend getaway specifically to have some time away to remember our little son Treye. What a blessing to be away from everything for that time...to read and pray, to journal and talk with one another, to remember, to continue to heal. The Lord has been so faithful to walk with us through this year's journey, and this unexpected weekend away was just one more instance of His mercy in our lives.
We stayed in a little mountain cabin near Snoqualmie...and it snowed. Oh, did it snow! That was a gift for me in particular as the snow is such a part of my memory of our memorial time for Treye last year in Ruidoso, NM . We hiked a bit, although most of the trails were closed due to this unexpectedly large snowfall. Mostly, we just marveled at the beauty the Lord has created, His mighty power in holding it all together, and His grace in leading us through it. We are indeed without excuse...even for doubting Him or His perfect plan.
Hope the pics above inspire you to trust Him and marvel at all He has made! I think my favorite is the pristine and unmarred beauty of the snowy clearing against the backdrop of strong pine trees and clear blue sky. Enjoy!
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." Rom. 1:20

No comments:
Post a Comment