Monday, April 7, 2008

News from across the world!

Well folks, one canceled flight and almost 24 hours later, my husband is safely on Swiss soil! I loved hearing the sound of adventure in his voice when he called today. Running on one hour of sleep and tons of coffee couldn't dampen his spirits! He was happily telling me of his 8 minute train ride between his hotel and the company with whom he is working, sharing about his awesome fondue dinner, and musing about his demonstration tomorrow! What a wonderful opportunity this is! I am so proud of my husband!

The cool thing is, he told me all this by cell phone! I know I should not be amazed by the fact that a person can call from a US cell phone to a US cell phone while riding a train in a European country...but I am! I was sitting at my desk furiously working (and I am not just tossing about adjectives for fun...I mean furiously!) when my phone buzzed. I grabbed it and there was my husband's face smiling at me...not a Swiss phone number, not a random series of unidentifiable digits...my husband's face and name! I know, I know...technology. Somehow, it still amazes me.

Anyway, all this to say, Danny is off gallivanting in Switzerland. Mishka is ASLEEP here at my feet. I am stuck to a computer working against a monstrous deadline. Something just is not right, here!

In mildly related news, Mishka went to work with me today and managed to bark at the most inopportune time. I'm pretty sure his bark will be on the newest audio recording of Chemistry Semester One Unit Three. Augh!

Happy Trails.

No comments: