Oh, my, we have a child who is so attuned to the beauty God has made...what a treasure she is!
On a walk through the neighborhood this weekend, Lizzie noticed some bees in the flowers. We talked about them for a minute and then she looked up at me and said "Sit, watch bees, Mommy." She then carefully sat down and watched the bees for at least 5 minutes, until I convinced her (Mishka was getting very impatient) that we should keep going and look for some more bees along the way. Oh, that I would relearn the patience and joy of just sitting and watching the bees.
Then, last night, we were sitting in the garden and two V's of Canadian geese flew overhead. I thought Lizzie was going to fly away with them, she was that excited. When they flew out of sight, she burst into tears, "Again, Mommy! Again!" Oh, my precious girl!
What a sweet little girl...so interested in all God's creatures. I can't wait to see what this might develop into as she grows older. If nothing else, she will have a sensitivity to beauty that can't help but lead her right into His presence!
May we all notice the bees, today.
xo,
a
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
MAy we notice the bees today....I like that comment!
love you
Tris
Post a Comment