It's hard to believe that our little Treye would be three years old today. In so many ways, the time has flown. And in so many ways we are still in that moment three years ago. We still miss him so very much...it's surprising sometimes.
We were standing in the kitchen last night watching Lizzie play in "Disneyland" (the excersaucer) and talking at the top of her lungs, and we were struck once again by what a precious treasure she is. Her beauty and joy pierces the heart sometimes. I almost felt like I was knocked backward as I looked at her tonight. And as I fed her at bedtime, I had the clearest vision of Treye's little head on my knee. Lizzie's presence makes the wistfulness of Treye's absence stronger and his absence makes the joy of her presence deeper. May it always be so.
We miss our little boy, and treasure our little girl. The Lord is good and sovereign, and so merciful to give us such a strong testament in this juxtaposition of joy and sadness.
We planted bulbs in Treye's memory, again this year. Lizzie was fascinated by the flowers that were already blooming...I think she is a girl after my own heart! :)
And just to end in joy...a couple more bonus shots.
Lizzie loves her blankie and monkey that Auntie Jeana gave her! Naptime and bedtime jsut aren't the same if she can't cuddle into them as she drifts off. Precious.
Yup, that's right. We tried rice cereal. I think we'll wait a bit. She's interested, but not voracious! :) And sweet potatoes might be the thing next time.
And, my personal favorite...Danny called while I was at the store.
"Um, she fell asleep on the changing table. We were about to go on a walk. What do I do?"
With all our hearts,
Danny and Amy (and Lizzie)





1 comment:
So sweet! I was so happy to see you, too! I also enjoyed all the pumping paraphernalia lying around. :) Memories. Fun to see you in real life and not thru Apex-colored lenses...p.s. I did have Dr. Brooks and am already thinking of what I will write. It was he who commended my work in his class and recommended honors classes. I ultimately chose English as my major as a result of his class. :)
Post a Comment